Wellness screenings available in January, February, including second and third shifts
Wellness screening appointments with the School of Nursing are available this winter.
* Jan. 23, 25, 27 -- 10 a.m-1 p.m. Johnson Hall of Nursing, Room B-5.
* Jan. 24 -- 1-2:40 p.m. Johnson Hall of Nursing, Room B-5.
* Jan. 30 -- 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:10-3:10 p.m. Owen Hall, East Activity Room. Housing and Food Services staff only.
* Jan. 31 -- 10:30-11:30 p.m. Johnson Hall of Nursing, Room B-5. For staff on third shift.
* Feb. 1 -- 12-12:30 a.m. Johnson Hall of Nursing, Room B-5. For staff on third shift.
* Feb. 1 -- 4-4:40 p.m. Johnson Hall of Nursing, Room B-5.
* Feb. 1 -- 5-7:40 p.m. Johnson Hall of Nursing, Room B-5. For staff on second shift.
* Feb. 3 -- 8:10 a.m.-1:10 p.m. State Street Office Facility, 1601 W. State St., Room 101.
* Feb. 6, 7 -- 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:10-3:10 p.m. Shreve Hall, Jade Room.
* Feb. 10 -- 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Johnson Hall of Nursing, Room B-5.
WorkLife Programs provides these screenings for benefit-eligible faculty and staff and their spouses/same-sex domestic partners. Screenings include the finger stick for blood tests for total cholesterol, HDL, and glucose, height, weight, and blood pressure. Participants must bring their Purdue ID at the time of the screening.
Free screenings are limited to one per calendar year, so participants are encouraged to select the location that works best for them and stay on an annual schedule for screenings. For example, if an individual completed a screening in the fall of 2011, that person will wait until fall 2012 for the next appointment.
Annual screenings are an important part of prevention. Keeping track of health and knowing one's numbers for cholesterol and blood pressure are valuable steps, and participants are encouraged to share results with their health care provider.
Those being seen on a yearly basis by a health care provider who is monitoring blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar should continue those annual visits.
To schedule an appointment, visit www.purdue.edu/worklife and click "Register Now," or call 49-45461.
For regional campus screening events, contact your campus program: