Union's flexible Thanksgiving menu available for order
Enjoying Thanksgiving's delights doesn't require slaving for hours in the kitchen thanks to Dining Services at Purdue Memorial Union.
The "Thanksgiving Meal Order," available through Nov. 18 for pickup Nov. 22 or 23, offers great choices to fit any situation and number. Patrons can order a turkey, complete meals, or a la carte items including choice among five entrees, seven side dishes, five types of breads or rolls, four sweets/desserts, two party trays, dip and cider. Here are some examples:
* Having a small gathering? Consider a complete meal for two, four or eight, with a choice among three entrees.
* Need something light for earlier or later in the day? Consider a fruit or vegetable party tray.
* Short on kitchen or oven space and wanting to serve more dishes than is easy to manage? Find just the thing on the a la carte menu. The side dishes, for example, are all traditional favorites including the Union's well-known "Kay's Sweet Potatoes."
* Need something ready to be carried to a group gathering? Again, the a la carte menu.
* Entertaining a busload of relatives? Check the Union Deluxe for the whole deal at a savings.
* Want some leftovers? The quantity choices make it easy to figure that into the order.
Using the Thanksgiving Meal Order is convenient and efficient -- all ordering is online at www.union.purdue.edu/SelectDining and the choices of items and quantities, along with prices, are plainly visible. (The page is reachable also using the link at www.union.purdue.edu, the Union's home page.)
The site uses the common "Add to Cart" procedure, and making changes during selection is easy. The site is secure, and all ordering and payment is by Discover, Mastercard or Visa. There is a place to choose a pickup time at the 1, 2 or 3 p.m. hours on the two days before Thanksgiving. Also there is a place for "Notes to Chef." An order summary page, including pickup location, appears for review before final placement of the order.