Voluntary benefits fair today
Refreshments and giveaways await at the voluntary benefits fair being hosted today by the companies participating in Purdue voluntary benefits program. The fair will run from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the East and West Faculty Lounges of Purdue Memorial Union.
Employees are invited to stop in when it is convenient and are permitted to attend in paid status with the approval of their supervisors.
Participating companies are:
* Delta Dental.
* Hyatt Legal Plans.
* MetLife (home and auto insurance).
* Trustmark (accident insurance and universal life).
* Unum (critical illness).
Voluntary benefits provide the value of group insurance rates and the convenience of payroll deduction on a variety of extra benefits that are not part of Purdue's core lineup.
* Delta Dental's two benefit plans can help employees pay for regular dental care, which is an important tool in maintaining overall health. In-network preventive care is paid 100 percent. Benefits for other covered services reduce the employee's out-of-pocket expenses.
* MetLife provides auto and homeowner's insurance at group discounts. For auto insurance, the company will provide quotes from MetLife and three additional insurance companies.
* Pre-paid legal services through Hyatt Legal can benefit employees who are currently working through a legal issue, if an attorney-client relationship is not already established. Employees can use the plan for will preparation, family law, traffic offenses and juvenile court matters.
To find out more about these benefits and others, attend today's fair or one of Thursday's information presentations. For Thursday's schedule of presentations, see www.purdue.edu/hr/Benefits/voluntary.html.