Wellness screening dates available for faculty, staff, retirees
Wellness screening appointments with the School of Nursing are available
* Sept. 12, 14, 16, 27, 30 -- 10-11:30 a.m. and 1-3:30 p.m. Johnson Hall
of Nursing, Room B-5.
* Sept. 19 (M) -- 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:10-3:30 p.m. Stewart Center,
* Sept. 20 (Tu) -- 8:10-11:30 a.m. and 1:10-3:10 p.m. Stewart Center,
* Sept. 23 (F) -- 8:10-11:30 a.m. Johnson Hall of Nursing, Room B-5.
* Sept. 28 (W) -- 8:10-11:30 a.m. and 1:10-3:30 p.m. Johnson Hall of
Nursing, Room B-5.
Retirees and their spouses/same-sex domestic partners are invited to get
a wellness screening at one of two retiree-only screening events this
fall, both taking place at convenient off-campus locations. The retiree
PUID is needed for check-in.
* Sept. 13 (Tu) -- 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1-2:40 p.m. Westminster Village,
Tulip Room. 2741 N. Salisbury St.
* Sept. 21 (W) -- 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:10-3:10 p.m. University Place,
Great Room. 1700 Lindberg Road.
WorkLife Programs provides these screenings for benefit-eligible faculty
and staff and their spouses/same-sex domestic partners. Screenings
include the finger stick for blood tests for total cholesterol, HDL, and
glucose, height, weight, and blood pressure. Participants must bring
their Purdue ID at the time of the screening.
Free screenings are limited to one per calendar year, so participants
are encouraged to select the location that works best for them and stay
on an annual schedule for screenings. For example, if an individual
completed a screening in the spring of 2011, that person will wait until
spring 2012 for the next appointment.
Annual screenings are an important part of prevention. Keeping track of
health and knowing one's numbers for cholesterol and blood pressure are
Those being seen on a yearly basis by a health care provider who is
monitoring blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar should continue
those annual visits.
To schedule an appointment, visit www.purdue.edu/worklife and click
"Register Now," or call 49-45461.
For regional campus screening events, contact your campus program: