Faculty, staff invited to Spring Fling on Thursday
Spring Fling, the annual appreciation event for faculty, staff, graduate student staff and retirees, is set for 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thursday (May 19) at and around Memorial Mall.
Event organizers have planned a variety of activities such as bingo, step dancing, yard games, volleyball, a talent show, Food Finders food drive, Bloodmobile donations, classic vehicle car show, fitness walk, golf outing and lunch. Those interested in donating blood can sign up for a time in advance at https://www.donorpoint.org/index.cfm?group=op&hlc=9436&hostlookupcode=9436 if desired.
This year's lunch will include a turkey or ham hoagie, chips, pretzels, carrots, trail mix, apples and ice cream. A vegetarian option will be offered. Water and soft drinks will be available. Lunch will be served from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Tents will cover food and beverage lines, and many activities will be inside Stewart Center. Spring Fling will be canceled only in the case of severe weather.
To enter drawings for door prizes, employees attending Spring Fling must bring the staff appreciation entry ticket that was included in the April 8 mailing.
All staff can attend Spring Fling without loss of pay, vacation or personal holiday, according to University policy.
To facilitate Spring Fling attendance, Human Resources offers the following guidelines:
* Attendance is covered in "worked regular" pay status for staff attending during normally scheduled work hours.
* Temporary staff can attend as work schedules permit, but not in pay status.
* Staff scheduled on the evening or night shifts and those not normally scheduled to work May 19 are invited to attend. Adjustments to work schedules normally are not made to cover these staff members in pay status.
* Staff are not expected to return to work if one hour or less remains in their work day.
* Staff on vacation or sick leave on May 19 should remain on such status for the day. Regular pay status is not applicable for such staff.
For questions about these guidelines, contact Carrie Hanson at email@example.com or 49-47397.
Forward phone calls if out
A simple message can help the Telephone Office staff on May 19 during Spring Fling.
Those who attend Spring Fling should remember to forward their phone calls to voice mail or to those who are providing phone coverage. That easy step can prevent an excess of phone calls to University operators on the day of the event.