Pair of events to celebrate faculty, teaching excellence
Faculty and graduate students will be recognized at two celebratory events next week.
On Tuesday (April 26), graduate student teaching awards will be presented at the annual Celebration of Graduate Student Teaching Excellence at 5:30 p.m. at Ross-Ade Stadium's Shively Club. The event is being organized by Juan Velasquez, assistant director for teaching assistant and curricular development at the Center for Instructional Excellence, and Chuck Calahan, clinical assistant professor of child development and family studies. Velasquez and Calahan are co-chairs of the Committee for the Education of Teaching Assistants.
On Thursday (April 28), faculty teaching awards, named and distinguished professors, and faculty who have received national and Purdue awards this year will be honored at the Faculty Awards Convocation. The event, which will begin at 3:30 p.m. at Ross-Ade Stadium's Shively Club, is being coordinated by Beverly Davenport Sypher, vice provost for faculty affairs and the Susan Bulkeley Butler Chair for Leadership Excellence.
Both events are invitation-only.
Outstanding students will be recognized during their respective commencement ceremonies.
The following awards will be presented Tuesday at the annual Celebration of Graduate Student Teaching Excellence:
* Graduate School Excellence in Teaching Awards.
* CIE's graduate teaching certificates and advanced graduate teaching certificates.
* CETA teaching awards (Committee for the Education of Teaching Assistants).
* Class of 1922 Helping Students Learn Award.
Faculty teaching awards to be presented at the Faculty Awards Convocation on Thursday include:
* The University's Charles B. Murphy Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Awards.
* Excellence in teaching awards given by the colleges and schools of the University. Recipients of these awards are recognized also at college/school events.
* Provost's Award for Outstanding Faculty Mentors.
* Award for Excellence in Distance Learning.
* American Council on Education Fellows.
* Committee on Institutional Cooperation's Academic Leadership Program fellows.
* Faculty Scholars.
* Fellowships for Study in a Second Discipline.
* Jefferson Science Fellows.
* Provost Fellows.
* Distinguished and named professors.
* Faculty service recognition awards.