2011 Community of Service-Learning Faculty Fellows named
The Office of the Vice Provost for Engagement and the Service Engagement Advisory Board have selected seven faculty members to be Purdue's 2011 Community of Service-Learning Faculty Fellows.
The seven new fellows join 32 other service-learning fellows at Purdue, bringing the total number to 39.
The program, which has been in place since 2004, selects fellows based on their experience with service-learning courses and potential for providing leadership and stewardship for service-learning to the campus.
The 2011 fellows are:
* Dulcy Abraham, School of Civil Engineering, College of Engineering.
* Paul Ebner, Department of Animal Sciences, College of Agriculture.
* Karen Foli, School of Nursing, College of Health and Human Sciences.
* Daphene Cyr Koch, Department of Building Construction Management, College of Technology.
* John Lumkes, Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, colleges of Agriculture and Engineering.
* Sandra Sydnor-Buosso, Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management, College of Health and Human Sciences.
* Song No, Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures, College of Liberal Arts.
The program's grants allow the fellows to pursue ongoing service-learning courses and advance the opportunities for students to learn while providing service to a community. Although many of the service-learning courses are engaged with local and regional communities, a growing number provide students the opportunity to do service projects while studying abroad and other locations nationally.