Nominations sought for BGR team leaders
The Student Access, Transition and Success Programs office is looking for recommendations for Boiler Gold Rush 2011 team leader applicants.
This position is a volunteer, entry-level leadership role. Team leaders serve as mentors and role models for first-year and transfer students attending the BGR program. They are responsible for helping to make their group’s experience during BGR fun, meaningful, and informational by conducting icebreakers, team builders, and discussions about campus life and academics.
Team leaders must:
* Possesses the ability to motivate new students and serve as a role model.
* Hold a positive attitude and maintain an optimistic outlook.
* Demonstrate strong communication skills.
* Desire to further develop personal leadership skills.
* Be flexible and willing to learn about other cultures, ethnicities, lifestyles, and backgrounds.
* Be passionate about Boiler Gold Rush and the needs of first-year and transfer students.
Faculty and staff are asked to visit https://purdue.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5pEhJWQY7QGRE44 to submit the name of a student who they think fits the above description. The deadline for recommendations is 5 p.m. Friday (Jan. 21). Please include all requested information.
For more information regarding the team leader position or the nomination process, contact Corey Thoss at firstname.lastname@example.org or 49-42274.