Choose the right resource for best benefits enrollment help
Faculty and staff should let their topic of interest guide them to the best resource during this year's benefits open enrollment.
For instruction on how to use the new online enrollment system or for information on voluntary benefits, connect with a benefit counselor from Innotech Benefit Solutions, Purdue's enrollment partner for this year.
* On-site. Benefit counselors are available on-site at select locations.
Don't want to wait in line? Visit www.checkappointments.com/book/purdue to schedule a one-on-one appointment. Faculty and staff are asked to schedule their appointments at least 48 hours in advance. Appointments also may be scheduled by contacting the toll-free call center at 877-328-3604 and selecting option 3.
* By phone. If meeting with a counselor on-site isn't convenient, employees may contact the toll-free call center at 877-328-3604. Callers receive the same level of service as if they were meeting in person. The call center is open 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday.
For information about Purdue medical plans, choose one of these resources:
* Attend a CIGNA presentation.
* Call CIGNA at 800-767-7141 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturday.
* Use the tools available through mycignaplans.com. Enter the user ID "purdue2011" and password "cigna".
* Visit the Staff Benefits website at www.purdue.edu/benefits.
* Call Staff Benefits customer service at 49-42222 from 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Staff Benefits is encouraging employees to take advantage of available resources and complete enrollment now instead of waiting until near the Nov. 12 end date. "Spreading use of the online enrollment system and the information resources more evenly across the entire open enrollment period will help everything run more efficiently," says John Beelke, director of staff benefits.