Resources available for open enrollment
A variety of resources are being offered to assist employees during benefits open enrollment.
One-on-one meeting with benefits counselor
Benefit counselors will be available at select locations throughout the West Lafayette and regional campuses.
The benefit counselor can help employees with any and all of the following:
* Create a login and password for the new online benefits enrollment system.
* Review an employee's current coverage.
* Share what's new in benefits for 2011.
* Review voluntary benefit changes, including the new accident and critical illness insurance offerings.
* Enroll in the benefits of the employee's choice.
* Enroll in the new universal life insurance with long-term care benefits (available only by talking with a state-licensed benefit counselor).
To schedule an appointment, go to www.checkappointments.com/book/purdue and enter your name, e-mail address and telephone number when prompted. People also can schedule by contacting the toll-free call center at 877-328-3604 and selecting option 3. Arrange the appointment at least 48 hours in advance.
A full-service call center, staffed with state-licensed benefit counselors, will be available during this year's open enrollment to provide the same level of assistance available at a one-on-one appointment. For assistance, call 877-328-3604 (Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern).
Numerous walk-in labs have been scheduled to assist employees without an appointment. Stop in for quick answers or full-service one-on-one session. For a schedule of walk-in labs, visit the Staff Benefits website at www.purdue.edu/benefits.
No registration is required to attend a presentation. Spouses and same-sex domestic partners are welcome to attend. Visit the Staff Benefits website at www.purdue.edu/benefits for a schedule of presentations. Those who work at Calumet, Fort Wayne or North Central, should contact their Human Resources Office for scheduling information. Available presentations are:
* Enrollment Overview -- Presenters will review what's new for 2011, how to enroll online and voluntary benefit coverage options.
* Medical Plans Overview -- CIGNA will review Purdue medical plan options for 2011, plus flexible spending accounts and health savings accounts. Learn about Purdue's Choose Well, Live Well Personal Health Team and other tools and resources offered through CIGNA.
Choice Fund with HSA Plan -- CIGNA will provide detailed information about Purdue's consumer-driven health plan offering and health savings accounts.
Visit www.mycignaplans.com to compare out-of-pocket costs for the three 2011 medical plans, find a network provider or use other valuable planning tools. Enter the user ID "purdue2011" and the password "cigna".
Call the CIGNA help line at 800-767-7141 for assistance with medical benefit questions.