Print and Poster Exchange set for fall break
The annual Print and Poster Exchange will take place Monday and Tuesday (Oct. 11-12). The event will give staff and faculty the chance to trade or borrow artwork to help decorate offices and campus space.
The exchange, one of several ways the committee aims to improve quality of life on campus, draws on a collection of more than 4,600 prints and posters. About half are hanging on campus at a given time, says Marian Delp, coordinator of the Poster Lending Collection.
Acquisitions to the collection are not funded by the University. They come from donations of art or cash by committee members and many others.
Borrowing is for a period of 12, 24 or 36 months. Borrowing is open to staff and faculty for hanging pictures in Purdue offices, conference rooms and reception areas.
The event is sponsored by the campus Visual Arts Committee and will take place in Room 1154, Pao Hall. The Marsteller Street Parking Garage is immediately to the north.
Here is the schedule of the exchange:
* 10 a.m.-noon Oct. 11 (M) -- Donor session. For those who currently donate or wish to contribute to the annual exchange (minimum $5). Donations at the door are acceptable. Donors can trade holdings and select two additional pieces.
* 12:30-2:30 p.m. Oct. 11 (M) -- First trading session. For those trading currently held prints; trades are made on a one-for-one basis.
* 10:30 a.m.-noon Oct. 12 (Tu) -- Second trading session.
* 12:30-2 p.m. Oct. 12 (Tu) -- New loan session. For those wishing to begin participating in the exchange or who want to add to their number of prints. Limit of two items per checkout, but repeated trips are permitted.
* 11 a.m.-noon Oct. 13 (W) -- "Eek! Leftovers" session. For those who missed the regular sessions.
Those who have prints borrowed in previous exchanges should have received an e-mail recently reminding them of when they borrowed the works.
For more information, contact Helen Brown at email@example.com or visit https://engineering.purdue.edu/UVAC/News/newsItems/38/index_default.