Old Masters available for classroom talks
The opportunity for students to learn from experienced leaders is available through the Old Masters program.
Faculty can arrange to have an Old Master visit their class between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Nov. 8-9 by filling out a request form at www.purdueoldmasters.org/schedule/?pageid=request_class.
The roster of 2010 Old Masters follows. Purdue degrees are indicated in parenthesis.
* Dr. Barbara Alving (B.S., biology and science, 1967), director, National Center for Research Resources.
* Curt Clawson (B.A., foreign languages, 1984; B.S., management/economics, 1984),
president and chief executive officer, Hayes Lemmerz International Inc.
* Jill Cook (B.S., technology and supervision, 1986), vice president for human resources, Cummins Inc.
* Linda Huff (B.S., chemical engineering, 1970), president, Huff & Huff Inc.
* Zara Larsen (B.S., mechanical engineering 1979), president, The Larsen Group: Architects of Change.
* James McCarthy Jr. (B.S., nuclear engineering, 1979), assistant deputy chief of naval operations, Integration of Capabilities & Resources, Office of the Chief of Naval Operations, U.S. Navy.
* Bob Peterson (M.S., mechanical engineering, 1987), animator, screenwriter, director and voice actor, Pixar.
* Dr. David Reuter (B.S.C.E., civil engineering, 1988; Ph.D., veterinary anatomy, 1992), co-founder and chief medical officer, Cardiac Dimensions Inc.
* Terry Tucker (B.S., agriculture and agriculture economics, 1963; H.D.R., agriculture, 1995), chairman of the board and chief executive officer, Maple Leaf Farms Inc.
* Glenn Weckerlin (B.S., chemical engineering, 1979), global director of brand and product line management, Chevron.
Classroom talks can last the entire duration of the class or only part of the time. Faculty can decide whether the Old Master should speak on topics pertaining to course material or allow the Old Master to present their own material.
More information about the Old Masters program is available at www.purdue.edu/oldmasters or from advisor Mary Helen Nesbitt at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Questions about scheduling a classroom talk can be directed to Kyle Frey and Ashley Zerr, day scheduling co-chairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.