APSAC holds orientation session, hears report on Equal Access/Equal Opportunity
The Administrative and Professional Staff Advisory Committee held its annual orientation for new members as part of its meeting on June 9.
New members for 2010-11 and the areas they represent are:
* Archie Allen, Vice President for Housing and Food Services.
* Donya Lester, College of Agriculture and Cooperative Extension Service.
* Rhonda Kerr, Vice President for Information Technology.
* Robert Morman, Vice President for Physical Facilities.
* Angela Paxton, Senior Vice President for Business Services, Internal Audit, Executive Vice President for Business and Finance, Treasurer.
Officers for 2010-11 are Nick Howell, chair, and Robin Shanks, vice chair. Cherry Delaney, Kevin Maurer and Tim Riley will serve as emeritus members for a one-year term.
APSAC also heard a report from Alvin Lee, HR training specialist, about Phase II of the Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Briefing Initiative. Phase II is about "The Americans with Disabilities Act and the ADA Amendments Act Briefing" and is divided into a session specific to supervisors and a session for faculty and staff who do not have supervisory responsibilities.
All faculty and staff at the University are encouraged to attend the session appropriate to them. Briefing sessions are 90 minutes.
More information about the Phase II briefing sessions, schedule and registration is at www.purdue.edu/ethics/oie/EqualAccessEqualOpportunityBriefing.shtml.