Thousands enjoy Spring Fling activities; thanks go out to volunteers
Several thousand faculty, staff, and retirees enjoyed Spring Fling, the annual employee appreciation event held this year on May 20.
Entertainment, including karaoke, yard games and various activities, kept attendees engaged throughout the afternoon. Some enjoyed the sun, the fitness walk, the vehicle show and bingo, among other events.
More than 1,028 enjoyed the fitness walk and received a medal featuring the "Amelia Earhart" sculpture.
The Birck Boilermaker Golf Complex and Ackerman Hills course hosted 114 golfers.
Thirty-three vehicles were on display: 28 cars, four trucks, and one special interest.
Carrie Hanson, employee group services consultant in Human Resources and chair of Spring Fling 2010, offers thanks to all of the individuals who volunteered to help make Spring Fling possible.
Thanks go to:
* All participants in the volleyball and lawn game tournaments, golf, the vehicle show, stepping dancing and the fitness walk.
* Staff from Housing and Food Services who prepared the food.
* Staff from Wiley and Ford Dining courts, Food Stores, and Meredith Hall who assisted in setup.
* Staff from Food Stores and Meredith Hall who delivered the food.
* Staff from the Earhart Dining Court who coordinated the distribution of soda and popcorn.
* Staff from Meredith Hall who coordinated the carryout from Meredith Hall.
* Staff from Hillenbrand Hall who set up the tents.
* Staff from Purdue Memorial Union who loaned the bingo equipment and sign stands.
* All staff and retirees who volunteered to serve food, soda, popcorn, and ice cream. Also those who volunteered to help set up and tear down.
* Recreational Sports Center staff who helped set up and tear down, and kept the facility running smoothly.
* Staff from the University Residences Directors Office who coordinated the staff who volunteered.
* Physical Facilities grounds staff who handled trash and recycling equipment, delivered and picked up tables and chairs, and delivered sign standards.
* Physical Facilities staff from Materials Distribution Services who provided helium to fill the balloons.
* Physical Facilities staff who handled electrical needs.
* Physical Facilities Zone 2 for the loan of the zone cab.
* Members of the Purdue University Retirees Association, which sponsored the food drive.
* Staff, retirees, and members of the Wabash Wanderers who helped with the fitness walk.
* Clerical and Service Staff Advisory Committee members who distributed cups.
* Administrative and Professional Staff Advisory Committee members who coordinated bingo.
* Areas and departments that donated prizes for bingo.
* Thanks also to everyone who was able to donate blood and/or food this year.
* All members of the Spring Fling coordinating committee: Sally Baugues, University Residences Directors Office; Dana Beck, CSSAC; Michelle Davis, APSAC; Eldon Fredericks, Purdue University Retirees Association; Angel Gray, CSSAC; Sarah Hanson, Division of Recreational Sports; Sue Hiser, Purdue University Retirees Association; Lisa McCloud, Human Resources; Tish Powell, Meredith Residence Hall; Andrea Rubiano, graduate staff; Pat Russell, Human Resources; Amber Simons, Human Resources; Nicholas Vargas, graduate staff; Ed Wiercioch, APSAC; and Sharon Williams, Human Resources.
Spring Fling winners
Several faculty and staff were winners in the annual Spring Fling door prize drawings.
A list of prizes and winners of the prizes will be posted online at www.purdue.edu/springfling.
In addition, there were winners in the classic vehicle show and in the volleyball and tournament.