APSAC awards spring grants
APSAC has awarded individual professional development grants to 18 administrative and professional staff members.
Grants up to $750 are awarded twice a year. APSAC awarded a total of $12,854 for its spring 2010 grants. APSAC's Professional Development Subcommittee chose the winners from 47 applicants.
The next application period will be Sept. 1 through Oct. 1. Information about the process is at www.purdue.edu/apsac/Subcommittees/grantgeneral.htm.
Grant recipients, and the areas in which they work, are:
* Danielle Buchanan, Veterinary Teaching Hospital.
* Cynthia Doane, Earhart Residence Hall.
* Gary Evans, Grounds.
* Stephanie Farlow, Center for Career Opportunities.
* Krista Hixon, Purdue Research Foundation.
* Darcy Kihlstrom, Internal Audit.
* Brett Lawson, VPBS System Support Group.
* Kelly Magurany, Veterinary Teaching Hospital.
* Evguenia Malaia, Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences.
* Keith McDermott, Physics.
* Jenise Platt, Field Extension Educators.
* Katherine Purple, University Press.
* JoAnne Sandifur, Graduate School Administration.
* Beth Schroeder, Rosen Center for Advanced Computing.
* Kimberly Sederquist, Veterinary Teaching Hospital.
* Sarah Smith, VPHR Physical Facilities.
* Cara Wetzel, Undergraduate Studies Program.
* Susan White, Purdue Pharmacy.