Campus IT governance committee appointed
With the approval of the Campus Information Technology Plan, an IT Strategic Governance Committee has been appointed by Al Diaz, executive vice president for business and finance, treasurer, and Tim Sands, executive vice president for academic affairs and provost.
Specifically, the Strategic Governance Committee will:
* Set institutional priorities and determine metrics to measure effectiveness.
* Establish accountability and authority within the new organizational structure.
* Institute an integrated view of the campus IT structure to maximize effectiveness at both the local departmental and institutional enterprise levels.
Members of the newly created IT Strategic Governance Committee are:
* Jay Akridge, Glenn W. Sample Dean of Agriculture
* James Almond, senior vice president for business services and assistant treasurer
* Richard Buckius, vice president for research
* Leah Jamieson, John A. Edwardson Dean of Engineering and Ransburg Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
* Connie Lapinskas, assistant provost for financial affairs
* Luis Lewin, vice president for human resources
* Gerry McCartney (chair), vice president for Information Technology, chief information officer, and Olga Oesterle England Professor of Information Technology
* Rabindra Mukerjea, executive director of strategic planning and assessment
In addition the committee will also have one representative determined by the University Senate and one student representative.
The approved Campus IT Plan can be viewed at the Sustaining New Synergies website at www.purdue.edu/sustaining/initiatives/infotech/finalCITPreport.pdf.