Religious leaders, groups marking 9/11 milestone
Purdue’s University Religious Leaders and religious student organizations are commemorating the 10th anniversary of 9/11 by building bridges among diverse faiths with the following events Sept. 7-11:
* Wednesday, 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m. -- University Religious Leaders lunch at University Church, 320 North St.
* Wednesday, 6-7 p.m. -- Side by Side Interfaith Scriptures Study of Creation at First United Methodist Church, 1700 State Road 26 West, Room 209.
* Thursday, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. -- Faith Awareness Walk. Various Purdue religious groups will have tables with representatives to share information about their faith and ministries. "Safe space" for questions on Purdue's Hello Walk on Memorial Mall.
* Thursday, 7:30-9:30 p.m. -- Interfaith Soccer and Ultimate Recreation Night at the Gold Intermural fields (north of Hillenbrand).
* Friday, 12:30-2:30 p.m. -- Muslim Student Association inviting Purdue students to join in any or all of the following at the Muslim Student Center, 1022 First St.:
12:30: Welcome (please dress fully)
12:35-12:45: Tour of the facility
1-1:25: Presentation on the activities in the Islamic Center and Islam in general
1:25-1:45: General discussion/socializing
1:45-2:20: Friday sermon and prayer service
Sept. 11, 3-4:30 p.m. -- Purdue 9/11 commemoration on Purdue Mall (with Purdue Student Government, others)
Sept. 11, 6:30 p.m. -- Community Interfaith Service of Remembrance and Hope at Columbian Park (Memorial Island) featuring reflections, songs, and prayers from six faith traditions.