Purposeful Living in Retirement conference to be April 27
The annual Purposeful Living in Retirement conference, organized by the Purdue University Retirees Association, is coming April 27 with a variety of informative speakers and exhibitions plus things to do.
The conference will be 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. that day at the University Plaza Hotel, 3001 Northwestern Ave. Besides opportunities to learn, the day will offer an optional exercise session. Speakers will present topics such as:
* Dealing with facts and fallacies about nutrition in the golden years.
* Physical activity isn't a kid's game anymore.
* Medical safety: Tips and tricks to avoid interactions.
* Replacing agility with ingenuity: Options as we age.
* Combating electronic scams with safe behaviors.
The conference will address retirement living along with a buffet lunch and breaks with refreshments. These things, along with conference materials, are included in the $10 cost of registration. The event is open to all.
Registration is due by April 20. To register, call 49-40900.