Purdue Extension offers info, advice at Fort Wayne Farm Show
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Purdue Extension specialists and educators will offer their expertise through presentations and discussions at the 2012 Fort Wayne Farm Show.
The show, Jan. 17-19 at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum, will include educational seminars and a trade show that will feature the latest in farm technology and farm machinery.
Seminars are co-sponsored by Purdue Extension and the Soil and Water Conservation Districts of Northeast Indiana. Purdue Extension seminars include:
* "Land Lease Options" by Craig Dobbins, agricultural economist, 2:30 p.m. Jan. 17.
* "Farm Bill/Ag Policy" by Larry DeBoer, agricultural economist, 10 a.m. Jan. 18.
* "Grain and Livestock Market Outlook" by Chris Hurt, agricultural economist, 1 p.m. Jan. 18.
* "Selecting a Livestock Enterprise for your Small Farm" by Mark Kepler, agriculture and natural resources educator for Purdue Extension Fulton County, 2:30 p.m. Jan. 18.
* "Veggie GAPs: Growing Clean Produce" by Scott Monroe, agriculture and natural resources educator for Purdue Extension Daviess County, 3:30 p.m. Jan. 18.
* "Living on the Land: Marketing What You Produce" by Steve Engleking, agriculture and natural resources educator for Purdue Extension LaGrange County, 5:30 p.m. Jan. 18.
* "Alternative Energy Sources" by Chad Martin, Extension renewable energy specialist, noon Jan. 19.
There also will be seminars by farmers and members of several Indiana agricultural service organizations, businesses and government agencies. Purdue Extension will have a booth where attendees can interact with specialists and county educators.
New this year will be an opportunity for farmers to participate in the Purdue Tillage Survey.
"Purdue researchers will be recruiting a number of farmers who are using conventional tillage techniques to participate in a short survey about their tillage choices," Engleking said.
The survey, which takes 20-30 minutes to complete, will be conducted at the Purdue Extension booth. Participants will receive $20.
The Allen County War Memorial Coliseum is at 4000 Parnell Ave. A full seminar schedule and additional show information are available at http://www.tradexpos.com/ftwayne
Writer: Jennifer Stewart, 765-494-6682, firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Steve Engleking, 260-499-6334, email@example.com