Purdue to offer training in Anderson and Indianapolis
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Purdue University's Technical Assistance Program will hold six training workshops in Anderson and Indianapolis this fall.
The Anderson workshops will be held at the Flagship Center, 2701 Enterprise Drive. They are:
* Demand Management, 8 a.m. to noon Nov. 16. Participants will learn how to measure, monitor and control peak energy use and how a company's energy consumption profile affects its bottom line. Cost is $90.
* Fundamentals of Power Factor, 1-5 p.m. Nov. 16. Participants will learn how improving a company's power factor will reduce electrical bills and increase the electrical system's capacity. Cost is $90.
* Dumpster Dive, part of the Green Enterprise Development program, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 17. Participants will learn methods for evaluating materials used in products and processes; concepts relating to lifecycle analysis; how to reduce or eliminate waste streams; and how to apply the refuse, reduce, reuse and recycle concept to lower operating costs. Cost is $175.
The following two Indianapolis workshops are sponsored by Indianapolis Power and Light and will be held at IPL's office at 1230 W. Morris St.:
* Mapping Your Carbon Footprint, from 8 a.m. to noon Oct. 27. Participants will learn how to track a company's greenhouse gas emissions and establish its carbon footprint. Cost is $49.
* Fundamentals of Energy Savings, from 1-5 p.m. Oct. 27. Participants will learn the tools necessary to incorporate energy efficiency into financial decision making for industrial facilities. The workshop is appropriate for anyone with responsibilities related to energy expenses: accounting, engineering, finance, management, maintenance and production. Cost is $49.
A Green Manufacturing Specialist Certificate Preparation Workshop and Exam will be held at Intech Park, Building One, 6325 Digital Way, Indianapolis. The exam prep will be from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 13 and 14. The exam will be given from 8 a.m. to noon Dec. 15. During the first two days, participants will review Purdue TAP's Green Enterprise Development materials before taking the Green Manufacturing Specialist Certificate exam on the third day. Cost is $700 for the materials and exam. The fee is discounted to $600 for those who register by Nov. 4.
Online video streaming will be available for those outside the Indianapolis area. For information, contact Abbey Maddy at 317-275-6820, firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information and registration for all of the workshops is available at http://www.mep.purdue.edu/events
Writer: Judith Barra Austin, 765-494-2432, email@example.com
Source: Abbey P. Maddy, TAP marketing specialist, 317-275-6820, firstname.lastname@example.org