Appointments, honors and activities
• Alumni honors:
- The School of Mechanical Engineering honored its winners of the 2011 Outstanding Mechanical Engineering Awards on Nov. 11. The honorees were:
* Juan de Bedout, technology director of Electrical Technologies and Systems at General Electric Global Research. He received his bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from Purdue in 1994, his master's in 1996 and his doctoral in 2000.
* Steve Gray, vice president and general manager of computed tomography and advantage workstation at GE Healthcare. He earned his master's degree in mechanical engineering from Purdue in 1980.
* Carolyn Fries, chief operating officer at Bioplex Technologies, Inc. She received her bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from Purdue in 1989.
* Mark Groskreutz, director of advanced solutions and core technology at Ingersoll Rand Residential Solutions. He earned his bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering in 1995 and his master's in 1997 from Purdue.
* Ziqiang Hu, vice president of Suzhou Samsung Electronics Co. He received his doctoral in mechanical engineering from Purdue in 1992.
* Steven Plee, vice president of product development in HeartWare, Inc. He earned his bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering in 1973, master's in 1975 and doctoral in 1978 from Purdue.
* Richard Stamper, associate dean for professional experiences at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology. He earned his master's degree from Purdue in 1988.
More information on the honorees can be found at https://engineering.purdue.edu/ME/People/OME/index.htm