Showbiz politics, political campaigns, presidential politics, entertainment media
Kathryn Cramer Brownell
Kathryn Cramer Brownell, Purdue University assistant professor in history, can talk about American politics and Hollywood, especially as it relates to political campaigning and the American presidency. She is the author of "Showbiz Politics: Hollywood in American Political Life," which examines how and why entertainment has been utilized for nearly 100 years as an American political tool.
Brownell also can discuss:
- Showbiz politics, especially as it relates to Franklin Roosevelt, Dwight Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy, Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan.
- How entertainment and Hollywood are part of political campaign strategy.
- How celebrities and music are used in the political campaigns.
- American presidency and pop culture.
- Political history of cable television.
Contact: Kathryn Cramer Brownell, firstname.lastname@example.org