ABE 697 - Graduate Seminar
Instructor: Abigail Engelberth
This course is designed to improve the communication skills of the ABE graduate students. The course is divided into three major parts:
1. Written communication: Writing a research summary, providing and receiving peer review, responding to comments and improving the document.
2. Oral communication: Preparing and presenting, reviewing and receiving reviews, preparing a video for external audiences.
3. Professional Development: Responsible conduct of research, professional meetings and societies, attending seminars.
- Improve the student's ability to write, read and review scientific documents.
- Improve the student's skills in preparing and presenting scientific presentations.
- Become more familiar with Responsible Conduct of Research.
- Broaden the student's knowledge by attending and/or planning research seminars and presentations by peers.
Become familiar with professional development opportunities.
Offered Spring semester.
1.0 credit hours (pending)