The Explorers Learning Community, created especially for first-year students in Exploratory Studies, offers a course and out-of-class activities that will help you in your quest to find the right major at Purdue!
The Academic and Career Planning course taught by Exploratory Studies academic advisors is designed to help you learn about yourself, majors, and careers. This allows you to develop deep academic and social networks in class with students who will eventually choose majors across campus.
Some of the activities you participate in may include the Boiler Challenge ropes course, volunteering in the community, attending a Purdue Women's Volleyball game, meeting for lunch or dinner, and enjoying study break pizza and bowling.
- First-time beginning students admitted to Exploratory Studies
- OPTIONAL in Owen Hall
- Information about this residence hall can be found here
- If you choose this option, your roommate in most cases will be a member of the LC
- Completing a housing contract is a separate process from applying for the LC
Fall 2017 Semester
Events and Activities Included:
- Boiler Challenge ropes course
- Cultural center tours
- Introduction to Purdue resources
- Exploration Acres Corn Maze
- Course collaboration among associated courses
- Purdue Convocations Productions
- Periodic meals with faculty members
Information above is subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for the rest of your courses.