Exploratory Studies Honors
If you are good at almost anything, how do you decide on just one major? Why not find the thing at which you will be great? The Exploratory Studies Honors Learning Community is specifically for high-achieving students in Exploratory Studies who have also been admitted to Purdue’s Honors College.
This LC offers out-of-class activities and events that will help you and students like you in your quest to find the right major at Purdue. You will have time to explore your potential in a setting that is academically, professionally, and socially engaging. Everyone in the LC will take the Exploratory Studies-only course EDPS 10500 (Academic and Career Planning). The instructor for the EDPS course will also be your academic advisor in Exploratory Studies. You will be placed in the Honors College & Residences, where all Honors College students live, further enhancing the sense of community.
Events are planned by your instructor to enrich course content and add to your college experience. Some of the activities you can participate in include: classroom discussions, weekly dinners, team-building and leadership activities like the Boiler Challenge Ropes Course, end-of-the-semester bowling party, movie nights, special visits and tours across campus, and outings to all the Honors College events.
We hope you will consider applying for this exciting and talented community. You have always been a good student; the Exploratory Studies Honors LC can help you discover where you will be great!
- First-time beginning students in Exploratory Studies AND invited to participate in the Honors College
- Required in the Honors College and Residences
- Information about this residence hall can be found here
- Completing a housing contract is a separate process from applying for the LC
Fall 2017 and Spring 2018
Fall - EDPS 10500
Spring - No Courses
Events and Activities Included:
- Dinners at various dining courts
- Study Abroad presentation
- Boiler Challenge ropes course
- Nuclear reactor tour
- Center for Career Opportunities Networking presentation
- Purdue Resource Scavenger Hunt
- End-of-semester pizza and bowling party
- Women’s Basketball game
- Movie and Dinner night
- Visit to the Purdue Archives
- Career Interview with a professional
Information above is subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for the rest of your courses.