CIE's Global Learning Faculty Development mission is to assist Purdue instructors to be stewards in optimizing and transforming classroom teaching and learning by integrating global issues, activities, and experiences into class content and learning objectives, so that all students, international and national alike, have a venue for unique, realistic global experiences and global learning.
The Global Learning Faculty Development Program values the:
- Preparation of students for a global society including the integration of global issues into classroom learning.
- Effective, practical, and efficient instruction by faculty.
- Opportunities to prepare all students for a global society.
- Multiple forms of diversity and globalization.
- Influences occurring outside the classroom that significantly interact with student success in learning.
For more information contact Charles A. Calahan, Ph.D., Assistant Director of Global Learning Faculty Development