Take charge of your career development
We’re proud to announce the results of a two-year partnership between Human Resources, APSAC and CSSAC to better understand how to support the career growth and development of employees across the University. This collaboration has resulted in the development and acquisition of best-in-class resources, including a new career development portal that launched this week.
Among the portal’s many useful features, it:
- provides practical steps for career exploration;
- offers a variety of career related assessments and tools;
- delivers personalized results and recommendations;
- highlights strategies for hosting successful career conversations between managers and employees;
- empowers employees to take charge of their career and professional development; and
- enhances an employee’s career fit.
“Purdue employees now have a fully automated tool that will enable them to explore the six different career path options,” said Adedayo Adeniyi, director of Leadership and Organizational Development.
Those career path options are lateral, enrichment, vertical, exploration, realignment and relocation.
“Our employees’ career needs are constantly evolving. The new career development portal will assist employees in finding practical self-discovery tools and information for career success,” said Amy Deitrich, instructional training specialist.
Managers and employees can request access
to the portal online.
A printable brochure is also available online
. Questions concerning Purdue’s new career development portal should be directed to Deitrich