In addition to working directly with your Talent Acquisition Team member, you can take advantage of a number of online resources. We've put together this page of information and links to assist you through the process of filling your vacant position.
- Talent Acquisition Team member's role
A Talent Acquistion Team member is charged with the responsibility to assure that employment law is being upheld and that equal opportunity and equal access is being ensured in every selection process for regular staff positions on campus. In addition to this responsibility, they also fulfill an advising role to two main customer groups: the hiring supervisor and the applicant.
Specialists will be responsible for administrative/professional positions and will also assist with
- reviewing resumes;
- developing interview questions; and
- search committee support.
- reviewing resumes and
- developing interview questions.
- developing a recruiting plan and a position profile;
- conducting a compatibility assessment;
- in-depth researching, screening and interviewing of candidates ;
- planning interviews and presenting qualified candidates;
- serving as hostess during campus interviews; and
- dual career assistance.
- Meet the Talent Acquisition Team
- Customer Assignments by Department
Administrative/ Professional positions only
- Athletics, Sandy Mason
- Continuing Education and Conferences, Sonia Hooker
- Engineering, Sandy Mason
- Graduate School, Sonia Hooker
- Health and Human Sciences, Sonia Hooker
- Information Technology (IT positions for all departments), Sonia Hooker
- International Programs, Sonia Hooker
- Libraries, Sonia Hooker
- Office of Institutional Research, Sonia Hooker
- Office of the Executive Vice President and Treasurer, Michele Flemming
- Office of the Provost, Michele Flemming
- Pharmacy, Sonia Hooker
- School of Nursing, Sonia Hooker
- School of Veterinary Medicine, Sandy Mason
- Space Management, Sonia Hooker
- Vice President for Development, Michele Flemming
- Vice President for Engagement, Michele Flemming
- Vice President for Human Resources, Michele Flemming
- Vice President for Marketing and Media, Michele Flemming
- Vice President for Research, Michele Flemming
- Account Clerk, Moe Saadi
- Account Assistant, Moe Saadi
- Administrative Assistant, Moe Saadi
- Clerks, Moe Saadi
- Laboratory Technicians, Moe Saadi
- Library Clerk, Moe Saadi
- Secretary, Moe Saadi
- Laboratory Technicians, James Audley
- Temporary Employment
- Staff Recruitment and Selection Manual
- Staff Position-Posting Form
- Applicant tracking system (Taleo) link for Hiring Supervisors and Search Committee Members
- Employment Process Overview
- Manager Taleo Click-by-Click Guide
- Manager Taleo Frequently Asked Questions
- New Employee Orientation
- Offer letter template (all benefit eligible classifications)
- Background Check Policy
- Advertising 101
You must have all advertisements regarding your vacant position approved by your Talent Acquisition Team member prior to advertising. Your Talent Acquisition Team member is also an excellent resource for advertising information. If you need ideas for where to advertise, contact your team member for a listing of niche sources.
Keys to a successful advertisement include:
- Approved and clearly stated "how to apply" directions
- Clearly listed minimum requirements
- Attractive description of the position
- A deadline for application
- Purdue's approved EEO statement
- Targetedplacement of your advertisement based on your audience
- Suggested Statement- Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Minimum Statement- Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Requests for Reasonable Accommodation
Purdue complies with all federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination against individuals with disabilities. You may receive a request during the recruitment/selection process for reasonable accommodation. If this happens, please contact your Talent Acquistion Team member immediately for assistance.
To gain a better understanding of Purdue's legal requirements and what a disability and a reasonable accommodation are, reference the text: "Access Purdue. A Disability Resource Guide for Faculty and Staff."