Purdue's Hiring Process
Start with an up-to-date resume, then apply
- Prior to applying, make sure you've updated your resume.
- Apply for positions that interest you. Be sure your resume demonstrates that you meet the minimum qualifications.
- Please make sure you respond to the legal questions located under your profile. Failure to respond may impact your ability to be considered for positions at the University.
- To determine if you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, a Talent Acquisition team member will review your resume as it relates to each position you apply for. The team member will forward the hiring supervisor the resumes of only those applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.
- The hiring supervisor will determine the most competitive applicants for his or her open position. Please do not contact the hiring department directly.
- If you are a top candidate, the hiring supervisor will contact you for an interview.
- If you are not selected for an interview, you will receive an email letting you know the position is filled.
- If you are the top candidate, you will receive an offer. In addition, our background check vendor (HireRight) will send you an email requesting information.
- Frequently monitor the email account you used to apply for positions. You may have follow-up items for the talent acquisition team or hiring department.
Important things to understand
- Purdue's Talent Acquisition team handles a large volume of job inquiries. More than 10,000 applicants submit referrals topping 126,000 annually. Because of this large volume of activity, we are unable to personally respond to every applicant.
- After you "submit" your profile, you will receive an email acknowledging receipt. You will also receive an email thanking you for applying after you have applied for a specific position.
- To see the status of your application, log in to your profile and click on "My Job Page." Neither the hiring supervisor nor the Talent Acquisition team member can provide specific details to applicants about vacancies.
- Because the applicant pool is highly competitive at Purdue, simply meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview.
- Be sure to update your profile and resume if your information changes.
- Hiring timeframes vary by position and department. We do not recommend calling to inquire of the status of your application.
- If you need access to a computer, resources are available.