The Office of the Vice President for Human Resources has designed a University-wide orientation for new employees. The goal of this new program is to support new staff members in assimilating quickly and successfully into the Purdue culture and to offer a foundation of knowledge regarding mission, organizational structure and functions.
The success of this program depends on supervisors registering their employees to take part. We encourage your participation and welcome your feedback.
If you have questions about New Employee Orientation please contact Teresa Rohler by email or by phone at 765-494-1679
- Register for new employee orientation
- New employee orientation agenda
- Parking at the France Cordova Rec Center
- Supervisor’s guide to effectively onboarding a new employee
New Employee Orientation (open to all employee groups)
- February 13, 2017, CREC Boilermaker Room #2265
- February 20, 2017, CREC Boilermaker Room #2265
- February 27, 2017, CREC Boilermaker Room #2265
- March 6, 2017, CREC Boilermaker Room #2265
- March 13, 2017, CREC Boilermaker Room #2265
- March 20, 2017, CREC Boilermaker Room #2265
- March 27, 2017, CREC Boilermaker Room #2265
**December 19 & 26, 2016, We are closed for the Holidays. We will start again in January.
**We will not have orientation January 2nd or the 16th as the university will be closed.
All new employee orientation sessions are scheduled from 8 a.m.-2:15 p.m. Lunch will be provided.
* France Cordova Recreational Sports Center – (CREC), 355 N. Martin Jischke Drive
To register, visit https://purdue.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_8ox3YhIEtwsCIN7
New Administrative Supervisors (in addition to new employee orientation)
Piloted in spring 2016 as a Council for Manager Development project, Supervisor Springboard focuses on supporting new administrative supervisors with three years or less supervisory experience at Purdue University. https://www.purdue.edu/hr/OE/ETD/Training/supspring.html
- Your role as a supervisor
- The laws and policies you need to know to be a successful supervisor
- Building an effective team
- Communicating expectations of performance
- Recognizing the diverse population that makes up the Purdue University community
The sessions include pre-work, online activities and strategies for transferring skills into performance. There will also be pre- and post- training surveys distributed to you, your supervisor and those you supervise.
Supervisor Springboard will be offered quarterly on a first-come, first-served basis. To receive recognition of completion, supervisors have a year to complete the program. Seating is limited to the first 30 registrants.
For questions and more information, contact Employee Training and Development.