Community - Greater Lafayette and You
West Lafayette and Lafayette have distinct characters. Of course there are the areas of high student rentals. There are also leafy peaceful neighborhoods near campus. There’s downtown, where residents are able to live in stately historic homes or modern condos within walking distance to brew pubs, coffee shops, art galleries and a co-op market. The region also sports modern communities designed for easy family living and options for those who want a piece of land away from it all, yet an easy commute.
- West Lafayette Community School Corporation
- Lafayette School Corporation
- Tippecanoe School Corporation
In addition, there are a variety of private school options
- Faith Christian School Preschool through Senior High (private school)
- Lafayette Catholic Schools Kindergarten through Senior High(private school)
- Lafayette Christian School Preschool through 8th grade (private school)
- Montessori School of Greater Lafayette Preschool through age 9 (private school)
- Pleasantview Christian School Preschool through 6th grade (private school)
There are three child care options on campus at Purdue. Purdue’s widely recognized academic programs for Education and Human Development lend their knowledge to the creation of wonderful environments for our kids. For details about the on-campus options explore the information here
For off-campus child care options, please explore this network of area child care centers and preschools.
- International Center of West Lafayette
The International Center of West Lafayette exists to create cross-cultural connections between the diverse residents of Greater Lafayette through education, the arts, cultural events, cultural information and assistance, and housing.
- Pride Lafayette
Our mission is to continually educate and promote awareness of diversity, health, culture and acceptance of individuals based on sexual orientation and gender identity.