Procedures for daylight saving time
At 2 a.m. on Sunday, March 11, Indiana clocks will be moved ahead one hour for daylight saving time.
For any employees working the third shift on this date, including police and firefighters, the shift will last one hour less than normally scheduled; e.g., seven hours instead of eight, or 11 hours instead of 12.
The University has determined that employees must be paid for actual hours worked during this shift.
- Employees may request to flex their schedules by coming in an hour early or staying an hour late either on the day the time changes or on another day during the same workweek.
- Supervisors and employees may mutually agree prior to March 11 that the employee may be allowed to use paid vacation leave to cover the missing hour.
Employees on approved sick leave will be covered by the University's sick leave policy.
Supervisors and employees are encouraged to work together to meet both business and employee needs.
If you have questions or comments on this matter, please contact:
West Lafayette Campus
- Human Resources Compensation: 49-40097
- Housing and Food Services Human Resources Team: 49-49418
- ITaP Human Resources Team: 49-62266
- Physical Facilities Human Resources Team: 49-41421
- Human Resources: 219-989-2254
Fort Wayne Campus
- Human Resources: 260-481-6677
North Central Campus
- Human Resources: 219-785-5300
- Human Resources Compensation
Visit the LeadingEdition index of articles and past issues.
LeadingEdition is an electronic newsletter for Purdue University supervisors. It is produced and distributed by Purdue University Human Resources four times annually. If you have questions, comments or suggestions relating to the newsletter, please call 49-41679 or email us. Thank you.