The Employee Relations Team is Ready to Help
Through proactive outreach, guided by University policies and core principles, Employee Relations is a strategic partner, creating and maintaining a fair and equitable campus environment.
- Partner with our customers to assist with personnel issues and planning through development of staffing strategies and development of staff skills and training.
- Provide current and timely assistance to customers' needs by updating supervisors on legal issues they may face, updating policy and practices and serving as a doorway to Human Resources.
- Seek to resolve conflicts at the lowest level by providing resources and alternatives, training and providing tools for supervisors and employees to facilitate effective communication.
Consultation and Training Provided
- Accommodations related to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Administration of legally-required drug and alcohol testing programs for select employee groups
- Assistance with any employee relations issue that may arise due to a leave of absence
- Conflict Resolution
- Developmental feedback
- Documentation Practices
- Grievance Policies
- Implementing a Reduction in Workforce
- Reduction in Workforce
- RIF Checklist
- Performance Management and Corrective Action
- Period of Provisional Employment
- Supervisor Development
- Terminations and Exit Checklist/Interviews
- Unemployment Compensation