Road to Retirement
Road to Retirement is a special program held twice a year for Purdue employees approaching retirement. Invitations are sent to employees age 55 or older who are participating in a PERF or Fidelity retirement plan and have been employed at the University for three years or longer.
Presenters include Fidelity, PERF, Purdue Benefits, Purdue University Retirees Association (PURA), Social Security and TIAA-CREF.
Speakers focus on:
- What you need to consider as your approach retirement
- Retirement procedures and timing
- How your benefits work together when you retire
- Medical and life insurance options in retirement
- What it's like to be retired
Some of the presentations at the most recent Road to Retirement (held in April 2014) were recorded and are available for you to view at your convenience.
Additional resources for those preparing for retirement are available on the Retirement Readiness website.