Administered by through VPI (Veterinary Pet Insurance)
Pet insurance, underwritten by Veterinary Pet Insurance® (VPI)®, brings you health insurance coverage for your pets. A VPI policy helps pay for your pet's treatments, surgeries, lab fees, X-rays and much more. You'll have peace of mind knowing you can care for your pet no matter the cost.
- Guarantee: 10-day, 100 percent money-back guarantee if you cancel within 10 days of when your policy goes into effect.
- Freedom: Use your choice of veterinarians worldwide, including specialists and emergency providers. No pre-approval is necessary.
- Flexibility: VPI's plans are licensed in all 50 states.
- Savings: Receive discounts up to 5-10 percent when enrolling multiple pets.
- Extras: Enjoy discounts on pet products and services, a policyholder newsletter, online support, and more.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Veterinary Pet Insurance is the nation's oldest and largest provider of pet health insurance. Since 1982, VPI has been insuring America's pets and today has more than 450,000 pets enrolled.
VPI offers three plan design choices for dogs and cats:
Additional coverage options are also available, including:
- Avian and Exotic Pet Plan Coverage for major medical treatments and surgeries for these specific types of pets.
- Two levels of CareGuard coverage:
- Premier CareGuard Wellness coverage offers higher benefits for many procedures, including dental cleaning or spay/neutering and urinalysis or kidney testing.
- Core CareGuard Wellness coverage helps pay for the office exams, vaccinations and flea and heartworm preventive needed every year for your pet's routine care.
A few exclusions apply to keep policy premiums low and affordable. Exclusions include elective procedures, hereditary/congenital problems, pre-existing conditions, grooming, behavioral problems and pet foods.
To learn more about these plans and to compare plan highlights, visit the VPI website.
Get a quote and enroll
Quotes are available by calling 877-PETS-VPI (877-738-7874). Be sure to mention that you’re a Purdue University employee.
To get an online quote, visit www.petinsurance.com/purdue and follow these instructions:
- Click the “Get a quote” button.
- Enter your pet’s information to receive a free quote.
Submitting a claim
- Step 1: Download a VPI claim form.
- Step 2: After you have paid your veterinarian, fill in the claim form with your pet’s diagnosis and the invoice totals.
- Step 3: Submit your claim form and your paid invoices to VPI:
- Mail: VPI Claims Department, P.O. Box 2344, Brea, CA 92822
- Fax: 714-989-5600
- Email: email@example.com
|Online contact form||800-540-2016
8 a.m.-10 p.m. ET
10 a.m.-6:30 p.m. ET
|P.O. Box 2344
Brea, CA 92822-2344
|Search Customer Care knowledge base|