Critical Illness Insurance
Administred by Unum
Coverage for critical illnesses
Critical Illness insurance through Unum pays a lump sum benefit if you are diagnosed with a covered critical illness including heart attack, cancer, stroke, carcinoma in situ, coronary artery bypass surgery, end stage renal (kidney) failure, major organ failure, permanent paralysis as the result of a covered accident, coma as the result of severe traumatic brain injury, blindness and benign brain tumor.
Other features include:
- You select your coverage amount, from $5,000 to $50,000; health questions are waived this year for coverage up to $20,000 for yourself and $10,000 for your spouse/same-sex domestic partner.
- Children are automatically covered at 25 percent of the selected employee benefit.
- A wellness benefit of $75 each calendar year is paid if a covered person completes a covered health screening (for example, mammogram, colonoscopy, Pap test, prostate exam, blood panel, etc.).
- Benefits are paid directly to you and are in addition to Purdue's medical and disability benefits.
How to enroll (During annual open enrollment)
- Click on “Link to UNUM” at the bottom of the critical illness screen within the online benefits system, EBenefits.
- Call 855-892-6224 for enrollment support over the phone.
Claims - 800-633-7479
- Description of critical illness plan
- How to file a wellness claim
- Group critical illness certificate booklet for those electing coverage