Critical Illness Insurance
Administered by Unum
Coverage for critical illnesses
Critical Illness insurance through Unum pays a lump sum benefit if you are diagnosed with a covered critical illness including heart attack, cancer, stroke, carcinoma in situ, coronary artery bypass surgery, end stage renal (kidney) failure, major organ failure, permanent paralysis as the result of a covered accident, coma as the result of severe traumatic brain injury, blindness and benign brain tumor.
Other features include:
- You select your coverage amount, from $5,000 to $50,000.
- Children are automatically covered at 25 percent of the selected employee benefit.
- A wellness benefit of $75 each calendar year is paid if a covered person completes a covered health screening (for example, mammogram, colonoscopy, Pap test, prostate exam, blood panel, etc.).
- Benefits are paid directly to you and are in addition to Purdue's medical and disability benefits.
View the video. (See link on right side of page.)
How to enroll (not restricted to annual open enrollment)
- Click on “Link to UNUM” at the bottom of the critical illness screen within the online benefits system, EBenefits.
- Call 855-892-6224 for enrollment support over the phone.
Claims - 800-633-7479
- Description of critical illness plan
- How to file a wellness claim
- Group critical illness certificate booklet for those electing coverage