University leaves changes to take effect July 1, 2015
- Purdue Today article 3/3/15 – Leaves committee to review plan design, increase days available
- Update letter from Vic Lechtenberg 3/2/15
- Purdue Today article 2/20/15 – University’s leaves program set to change effective July 1
- Introductory letter from Trent Klingerman 2/19/15
- Purdue Today article 4/10/14 – University committee looking at faculty and staff leaves
Pacific Resources, a consulting firm that specializes in employee leaves and benefits, undertook a benchmarking process to find out how Purdue’s leaves program compares to the programs of other universities, the state of Indiana and employers in industry.
- Universities and non-university employers used for comparison
- Information gathered during benchmarking process
- A video-recorded presentation about the changes, ( download non-audio pdf )
(*Note: If a warning opens in your browser regarding viewing the presentation, please click “allow” to enable viewing. For questions please contact Human Resources – Benefits at 765-494-2222.)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs),
- Sample employee scenarios of how the new leave types will work.
Leaves Information Sessions
The schedule of open employee information sessions regarding leaves is below. The focus of these sessions will be as additional forums with Human Resources during which faculty and staff can continue to provide feedback and have their questions about leaves answered.
- Benefits-eligible faculty and staff is the target audience.
- No reservation is required, however there will be maximum capacity (around 80) at each session; when capacity is reached, anyone over that will need to attend a different session.
- Human Resources is asking people to spread out over the sessions that are offered. Prior to the July 1, 2015, effective date additional sessions will be added to the schedule if needed to meet demand.
- If there are areas that cannot make use of these sessions and need someone to come in and talk, Benefits will be willing to assist. Special requests from departments should be sent to email@example.com.
Tuesday 3/3 from 2:30-3:45 in STEW 310
Friday 3/6 from 2:00-3:15 in FREH 1-1 & 1-2
Friday 3/13 from 10:30-11:45 in MRGN 121
Monday 3/16 from 10:30-11:45 in ME 1061
Wednesday 3/18 from 3:00-4:15 in BRNG 2290
Thursday 3/19 from 10:00-11:15 in LWSN 1142
Monday 3/23 from 10:00-11:15 in STEW 310
Thursday 3/26 from 10:30-11:45 in STEW 218CD
Monday 4/6 from 3:00-4:15 in FREH 1-1 & 1-2
Thursday 4/9 from 10:30-12:00 in STEW 218AB
Tuesday 4/14 from 10:00-11:15 in TBD
Wednesday 4/22 from 9:30-10:45 in STEW 310
For historical information about this project, please see:
Please continue to check this page for additional information as we transition
into the new leaves program.