To apply to the Honors College, students must have a cumulative 3.50 grade point average or higher at their current college or university and at least four semesters of study remaining at the Purdue West Lafayette campus before graduation. Students entering the Honors College must agree to complete the Honors College curriculum. The application is due by Sept. 5, 2014.
Honors Student Characteristics
Here are a few characteristics of Honors College students. If you share these, please consider applying to the Honors College:
- Intellectual Curiosity - Curiosity is the defining hallmark of the Honors College student.
- Research Potential - Students should have the potential for independent work and an interest in conducting research.
- Interdisciplinary Interest - Honors College have the desire and ability to work across fields and with peers in other areas.
- Diverse Community of Scholars - Our students are interested in living and working with people with different educational and cultural backgrounds.
- Leadership Potential - Honors College students assume leadership positions in both academic pursuits and extracurricular activities.
- Engagement - Our students are engaged with community partners, the academy, and their peers. They have a history of or interest in service and engagement activities.