Honors Contract Courses
UHP students may earn honors credit through honors contract courses. Honors contracts allow UHP students to take non-honors courses with faculty who agree to an honors project that requires more rigorous work on part of the UHP student.
Students may not complete honors contracts in courses which have already been designated honors only through the Office of the Registrar.
Freshmen and sophomore students should consult with UHP staff when considering honors contract courses.
Effective Spring 2011:
Forms are due to the UHP office by the *Friday of the 2nd week of the semester*
Honors Contract Procedure:
Effective spring 2011, the processing of honors contracts via the honors grade mode will be in compliance with university rules and regulations http://www.purdue.edu/univregs/academicprocedures/registration.html Specifically, Item F
With the EXCEPTION that the honors grade mode change ALWAYS requires the honors unit directorís signature or his/her authorized designee.
1. Honors eligible undergraduate students obtain Honors Contract form from their honors unit office or relevant website. (Honors unit = UHP, college honors office if available, etc.)
2. Student approaches faculty instructor and asks if instructor is willing to work with Honors Contract project. (Graduate Teaching Assistants are not permitted to sponsor Honors Contracts in courses. Faculty Instructors reserve the right to decline honors contract for a variety of reasons including but not limited to time limitations, lack of resources, etc.)
3. If the faculty instructor is willing, the student and faculty member decide upon a project and complete the project description on the contract.
4. Students will submit honors contract proposals to honors unit office by the Friday of 2ND week of the semester with necessary signatures. In addition to the faculty member signature, Engineering and Agriculture courses require the signature of the Departmental Honors Coordinator. The Honors representative will approve or deny the contract. (Honors Representative= Honors Unit Director.)
5. For approved honors contract proposals, the honors unit office will complete and submit the Registrar form 23 to the Registrarís Office by the 4th week of the semester per university rules and regulations. Submitting form 23s after the 4th week of the semester will require additional signatures. Please reference the above the link. The Registrarís Office will NOT accept form 23s with honors grade mode changes from a student. Form 23s with honors grade mode changes must be submitted directly from the honors unit office to the Registrarís Office.