By definition, I am a true Hoosier. I was born, raised and am a permanent resident of Indiana. I began my life approximately 130 miles north of West Lafayette in Elkhart, IN. However; upon my arrival in 1990 on the Purdue campus as a college freshman, I felt I was truly home and have been a member of the community ever since.
- Masters of Science in Animal Sciences, Purdue University
- Bachelors of Science in Biological Sciences, Purdue University
- Academic Advisor and Coordinator Medical Laboratory Sciences Program, School of Health Sciences, Purdue University
- Project Manager, Institute for Accessible Science, College of Veterinary Medicine, Purdue University
- Laboratory Manager and Anatomy Instructor, Basic Medical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Purdue University
Advice for Boilermakers:
Life really is a journey and what a gift it is for us to be able to participate in this leg of it with you! It is a time of personal discovery, profound growth, intellectual development and imagination. Be certain to seize this opportunity with enthusiasm and an open mind. It is one of the rare occasions in life when you alone are responsible for the course you chart and reinvention is possible. Always remember though, we are here to offer our wisdom and advice supporting you as you navigate these often rough yet exhilarating waters.
- When I was a young child, I loved Jacque Cousteau and the creatures he passionately studied. I even named one of my cats after him.
- I am a huge fan of the arts — music, dance, the theater, cinematic splendor...! In high school, I actually earned medals in statewide solo vocal competitions and was part of U-Sing during my undergrad at Purdue.
- I am an anatomy and forensics geek and proud of it. One year for Christmas my husband gave me a book known by field detectives/investigators as "the bible" — Practical Homicide Investigation; Tactics, Procedures and Forensics Techniques.
- I love to spend time with my husband, read a good murder mystery, enjoy the beauty of nature by hiking in the woods or simply spending time in my lush yard and find true pleasure in baking.