Margaret (Margie) Story
I grew up in Ames, Iowa, home of Iowa State University, Iowa's land grant university… a great place for education and finding Jon (my husband). After my husband's PhD from Iowa State was complete (and my B.S. in Elementary Education) we moved to Philadelphia on a 2 year Post Doctoral Fellowship which turned into 5 years. In 1977 we moved our household, which now included three children, to West Lafayette, IN and Purdue University. I guess we like it here!
- B.S. in Elementary Education, Iowa State University
- M.S. in Early Childhood Education, Purdue University
- Elementary Teacher (2nd grade), Sawyer School, Ames, Iowa
- Elementary Teacher (kindergarten), Berwyn Elementary School, Berwyn, PA
- Head Teacher Purdue Child Development Laboratory School, Purdue University
- Academic Advisor HDFS, Purdue University
- Teacher Quality Head Start Grant, HDFS, Purdue University
- Academic Advisor CSR, Purdue University
Advice for Boilermakers:
Purdue is a big campus. Make it smaller by connecting with fellow classmates who have similar interests and goals. Explore your options. Join a club or team. Be a leader. Hold an office. Study Abroad. Make your mark. Purdue is packed with opportunity for success personally and professionally. Education is a privilege. Respect it and enjoy the challenges and fun along the way.
- I've driven a Jeep Wrangler for 15 years!
- I have identical twin daughters who live in Boston and a son in Ann Arbor.
- Love to bake… especially bread. Don't love to sew… except sock monkeys for g-kids!
- Interests include theater, art, poetry, my gardens and family.