Opportunities for Students - Awards
SLHS 2013 Outstanding Senior
Each year, the Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences nominates one senior to receive the College of Health and Human Sciences Outstanding Senior Award. The department begins the nomination process by selecting a small group of seniors who are eligible for the nomination based on GPA (3.8 or higher) and academic achievement. Each eligible senior is invited to submit an application that will assist the selection committee in making its decision.
An Outstanding Senior is a student who has:
- Achieved academic success
- Demonstrated a commitment to his/her major
- Balanced the academic load with extracurricular activities and /or job
- Will graduate in May, August or December
If you would like to be considered for this award, please submit the following material to your SLHS undergraduate advisor via email:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- A brief personal statement that describes your interests and goals as they relate to your major field of study
- Give examples of: elected offices, leadership roles and participation in organizations or committees within the department, HHS, the University, and the community at large. Professionalism – promise of achievement within his/her profession. Service to others – the “something extra”.