Applications & Admissions Overview
If you are applying for a dual track degree, that is, you are interested in obtaining a Master's or Audiology degree and also a Doctoral degree, you must submit materials both via CSDCAS and via Purdue’s online system. Please read and follow the instructions below carefully.
If you are thinking of applying to the Dual Track degree program at Purdue, we strongly recommend that you contact prospective Ph.D. supervisors before starting the application process.
Materials to be submitted to CSDCAS Centralized Application:
- Online application (CSDCAS Application)
- Application fee
- Statement of purpose (Guide to Writing a Statement of Purpose, Statement of Purpose Basics)
- Three letters of recommendation (Recommendation Letters)
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
Materials to be submitted to Purdue University via the “Apply Yourself” system:
- Online application (Graduate Application)
NOTE: Apply as a Ph.D. Student on this form
- Statement of Purpose. (Guide to Writing a Statement of Purpose)
- Resume or curriculum vita. This is an optional field in the application system, but is required by the department.
- List of 2 recommenders.
- Application fee
- Official GRE scores (Purdue’s institution code is 1631; no department code needs to be specified)
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended. International transcripts must be sent to Purdue in their original form and in translation, along with copies of any diplomas awarded. Any transcripts sent electronically through an approved e-service (e-SCRIP, etc) must be sent to the Graduate School at email@example.com. This delays the receipt of the transcript to the department, so paper transcripts are preferred. Please send transcripts to the SLHS Graduate Program Secretary.
- For those whose first-language is not English, we require official test scores less than 2 years old from one of the following: TOEFL iBT or IELTS (Note that the SLHS English proficiency requirements for clinical students are more stringent than those set by the Purdue Graduate School; see link for International Students).
Important note: Your application must be marked by CSDCAS as "Complete" no later than January 1st in order to be considered for admission. It is ok if the application has not yet been verified or mailed. We must also have the complete Purdue application by January 1st.