Applications for Clinical Degrees Only
Applications for admission to our Clinical programs (Au.D., MS-SLP) require materials to be sent both via CSDCAS and via Purdue’s online systems.
Materials to be submitted to CSDCAS Centralized Application:
Online application (CSDCAS Application) Your application must be marked by CSDCAS as "Complete" no later than January 1st in order to be considered for admission. It is ok if the application has not yet been verified or mailed.
- Application fee
- Three letters of recommendation (Recommendation Letters)
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended. Please refer to CSDCAS instructions.
- (OPTIONAL) Statement of purpose (you may explain any special circumstances applicable to your background and elaborate on your scholarly publications, awards, achievements, abilities, and/or professional history)
- Written and Video question prompts. The written response is meant to be the main essay for your application and is being requested in lieu of a statement of purpose. Responses are required and should be no more than 350 words long.
Materials to be submitted to Purdue University:
Important Note: The Purdue application, application fee, resume, and test scores must be received by January 1st in order to be considered for admission.
- Online application (Graduate Application)
- Statement of Purpose. The Purdue application system will not let you proceed without completing this section. However, your statement of purpose (should you choose to submit one) should be sent to the CSDCAS centralized application service only. When completing this section, merely enter "On file with CSDCAS", or any other statement along those same lines.
- Resume or curriculum vita. This is an optional field in the application system, but is required by the department.
- List your recommenders. The Purdue application system will not let you proceed without completing this section. However, recommenders for clinical applicants should submit letters to CSDCAS only. When completing this section, fill in the recommender information but use the email address email@example.com for all of them. The requests will go to the Graduate School and be ignored. This will prevent your recommenders from receiving requests from both CSDCAS and from Purdue. WE ARE WORKING ON HAVING THE RECOMMENDER REQUIREMENT REMOVED COMPLETELY FROM YOUR APPLICATION BUT UNTIL SUCH A TIME THAT WE GET THAT COMPLETED PLEASE USE THE INFORMATION ABOVE.
- Diversity Essay. This is optional. However, you must complete the diversity essay to be considered for the Knox Fellowship award. (The David M. Knox Fellowships are awarded to Master's and Au.D-seeking students to enhance the diversity of the graduate student body through the recruitment of students with diverse backgrounds, views and experiences. Recipients of Knox Fellowships must have graduated from an accredited U.S. high school.)
- Application fee.
- Official GRE scores No set minimum required. (Purdue’s institution code is 1631; no department code needs to be specified)
Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All applicants should upload copies of official transcripts directly to the application system prior to February 15th but after any Fall grades post. International transcripts must be submitted in their original form and in translation, along with copies of any diplomas awarded. If you are unable to upload a transcript for any reason, please send a hard copy official transcript to the SLHS Graduate Program Secretary.
- For those whose first-language is not English, we require official test scores less than 2 years old from one of the following: TOEFL iBT or IELTS (Note that the SLHS English proficiency requirements for clinical students are more stringent than those set by the Purdue Graduate School; see link for International Students.
We realize the double application can be a bit confusing. Please read and follow the above posted instructions carefully to ensure your application is submitted properly and eligible for review.
Your application will not be processed until both applications are received. You will receive a status email once your applications are matched up and pulled for processing.