Applications & Admissions Overview
Applications are submitted electronically, via the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS) and via Purdue’s online application system.
- Applicants to clinical programs (including dual track) must submit an application via CSDCAS as well as a Purdue application.
- Those applying ONLY to the Ph.D. program submit only the Purdue Ph.D. program application.
- Applicants to the dual Ph.D./Clinical tracks must submit both a CSDCAS and Purdue Ph.D. program applications.
- Note that the Purdue application is slightly different for Clinical (only) vs. Ph.D. and Dual Track applications. Please see individual pages for each track.
Prerequisite courses for MS-SLP clinical degree
- normal anatomy & physiology for speech and hearing
- acoustics or normal phonology
- linguistics or normal language development
- aural rehabilitation other than sign language
- hearing disorders and hearing evaluation
We accept students with a bachelor’s degree in other areas. We consider this type of student a prerequisite applicant. Students accepted into the prerequisite program will take an extra year to complete. All applicants are evaluated equally regardless of their degree area. Students with bachelor’s degrees in other areas may also take the prerequisite courses prior to applying to our program.
MS and AUD clinical program pre/co-requisites
- 1 course in biological science
- 1 course in physical sciences
- 1 course in behavioral/social sciences
- 1 course in statistics covering t-tests, analyses of variance, chi-square, regression, and correlation
AP credit cannot be used to meet these requirements
Clinical and Dual Track: January 1st.
Ph.D. Only: January 1st (Fall admission) and August 1st (Spring admission)
Ph.D. Only (not seeking funding): March 1st (Fall admission) and October 1st (Spring admission)
If you are thinking of applying to the Ph.D. program at Purdue, we strongly recommend that you contact prospective supervisors before starting the application process.
Please contact the Graduate Program Secretary at the address listed on the Contact Us page with any questions that are not answered on these pages.