- Invisible Identities--a Purdue Identities Project (PIP) launched by Drew Mallory and Dr. Deborah Rupp
- Congratulations to Dr. Robert Proctor who has been named the 2017 Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professorate (AGEP) & Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation Program (LSAMP).
- Congratulations to Dr. Erin Hennes who is the winner of the Purdue Policy Research Institute's Excellence in Research Award.
- Congratulations to Dr Bridgette Tonnsen who is the winner of the Most Distinguished Faculty for Research Award. In part, the award states that "this award is presented at the Favorite Faculty Reception sponsored by University Residences to a faculty member whose research has influenced a student’s passion within that field of study; your nomination by students speaks volumes about your success, and your selection by our Favorite Faculty Student Committee is a testament to the quality of the nominations. Thank you so much for your commitment to student engagement and interaction. We hope that this award can serve as a small token of appreciation and recognition of the invaluable impact for which you are clearly responsible."
- Congratulations to Ka Ng (Mentor: Dr. Susan Sangha) for being awarded one of two travel awards by the Greater Indiana Society for Neuroscience for his abstract, "Dopamine D1 receptor mediated signaling in the basolateral amygdala modulates safety-fear-reward cue discrimination". This honor includes delivering a talk at the Greater Indiana Society for Neuroscience meeting being held at IUSM on March 31.
- Purdue researchers support new criteria for mental illness categories, diagnosis