- Job Position Opening: Department of Psychological Sciences Head Search (pdf) (Word Doc)
- Dr. Susie Swithers: Diet soda may do more harm than good (CNN Report)
- Kimberly Kinzig, associate professor of behavioral neuroscience, receives 2016 Award for Excellence in Distance Learning
- Professor Swithers featured in WalletHub article on obesity in America
- Joel Sprunger, M.S., a 5th-year doctoral candidate in clinical psychology, was awarded a 3- year F31 National Research Service Award fellowship from the National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism ("Randomized Controlled Trail of an Attention-Based Intervention for Alcohol-Facilitated Intimate Partner Violence"). This is the fifth such award for the Department and first for the clinical area. In collaboration with Chris Eckhardt, Ph.D. (his major professor), Joel will conduct a laboratory-based research project using eye tracking technology to examine the effects of an attention-based intervention designed to reduce relationship conflict among high-risk couples.
- Louis Tay has been awarded the APS Rising Star Award