- Does the department have a separate application from the University?
- No. The application submitted via the "Apply Yourself" on-line application system is the only application that is needed.
- No. Our Department does not require the Psych subject test. We do require the three general sections of the GRE (Verbal, Writing, and Quantitative).
- December 1, 2014 (for Fall 2015 enrollment)
- You must take the GRE test no later than October 15 to ensure that your scores are received by the December 1 application deadline.
- Purdue's institution code is 1631.
- Psychological Sciences' general psychology code is 2016.
- The Graduate School will routinely waive the TOEFL/IELTS/PTE for applicants who have received a baccalaureate degree or graduate or professional degree, within the last 24 months, from a school where English is the primary language of instruction in a country/location where English is the native language.
- The application fee is $60.00 for domestic applicants and $75 for international applicants and should be submitted on-line with the application
- Application fee waivers are only considered for applicants applying through a specific recruitment program that specifies a waiver of the application fee.
- Since we do not offer a terminal Master's program you will choose "Doctoral Degree" as your enrollment objective status.
- If you would like to be considered for the Purdue Doctoral Fellowship, please complete the Fellowship Essay located in the on-line application. You must have graduated from a U.S. high school to be considered for this fellowship. Aside from the Purdue Doctoral Fellowship, no essay or other additional documentation is needed to be considered for any remaining Purdue Fellowships. If admitted, you will automatically be considered for any other Purdue fellowships for which you qualify.
- Once you complete the recommendation section of your application, your recommenders will automatically be sent an E-mail notice asking for their recommendation, and directing them to the on-line recommendation form.
- YES, it is very important that you identify the professor(s) with whom you would like to work. You may list more than one professor, but it is important to list at least one. Since applicants are admitted to work with a specific faculty member as major professor, applications that do not specify one or more professors may not receive full consideration.
- No. Please have your transcripts and GRE scores sent to the department as soon as possible. Once your application is received the department will combine the items.
- No. If admitted, you will automatically be considered for assistantship funding which will be offered simultaneously with your offer of admission.
- No, applicants will not be considered fro admission until all official transcripts have been recieved.
K. Where are my transcripts to be sent, and how many copies are needed?
- One official/original transcript from ALL Colleges and Universities attended are to be sent to the Department of Psychological Sciences at:
Department of Psychological Sciences
701 Third Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2004
IF YOU HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS THAT ARE NOT ANSWERED HERE, PLEASE CONTACT NANCY O'BRIEN, GRADUATE PROGRAM COORDINATOR, IN THE DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL SCIENCES AT: PHONE: (765) 494-6067 or E-MAIL: email@example.com