As the department head of Psychological Sciences, I am proud of the accomplishments of all of our current and former faculty and students. We are celebrating successes and the impact the department has made on the world. But my purpose in writing is not only to describe our department's impact – but yours!
The men and women conducting the most innovative and exciting research today in the psychological sciences stand on the shoulders of those who came before them. Gifts from people who care about the University and its future have always been critical to our success by providing our department with the resources vital to the achievement of our students, faculty and programs. Last year, donor gifts provided:
- Funding for undergraduate research and community service projects
- Research assistantships to our most promising graduate students
- Necessary technology upgrades in laboratories throughout the department
I know you share my pride in the campus and will agree our people and programs are excellent and continue to improve year after year, but there is more to do. Your support this year will help nurture and strengthen the department by providing:
- Seed money to facilitate international experiences for our undergraduate majors
- Funding for projects within our departmental honors program
- Assistance in our efforts to redesign our clinical spaces to best serve our patients
On behalf of Psychological Sciences, thank you for your support. I ask you to continue impacting the students of Purdue each year. Your gift – regardless of the size – will ensure Psychological Sciences continues to build on the legacy of excellence we have created during the past 60+ years at Purdue.
Christopher R. Agnew, Ph.D.
Professor and Head of Psychological Sciences
P.S. Thank you for considering a gift to Psychological Sciences. You can make a gift online at https://donate.purdue.edu/Menu.aspx or by calling (765) 494-7890 and enter Appeal Code 11333 when requested.