Nutrition Science (NUTR) alumni play an important role in the department’s success — many alumni participate in our Executive in the Classroom series or Corporate Affiliates program. We invite you to connect with NUTR classmates and faculty at departmental and college events as well, including the College of Health and Human Sciences Homecoming activities, our annual Kirksey Lecture Series, and our annual Nutrition Science Hall of Fame Awards program. And you definitely won’t want to miss our 110th Anniversary Celebration activities.
Celebrating 110 Years of Excellence
Purdue’s Nutrition Science program has a long history of excellence. Started in 1905, it was the first dietetics program in the state of Indiana. As we approach the program’s 110th anniversary, we aspire to maintain and grow this excellence by increasing named professorships, graduate student support, undergraduate scholarships, and support for our programs and centers. Learn more...
Nutrition Science 21st Century Campaign:
- Nutrition Science 21st Century Fund: This unrestricted fund allows the Head of the Department of Nutrition Science the flexibility to direct funds to high-priority projects and to strategically allocate financial support to undergraduate and graduate student initiatives, faculty research and Nutrition Science programming.
- Undergraduate Student Support: Scholarships, research stipends, study abroad
- Faculty Support: Research funding and support, named professorships
- Graduate Student Support: Research funding and support, assistantships
- Women’s Global Health Institute
- Ingestive Behavior Research Center
- Nutrition and Exercise Clinical Research Center
Every Gift Counts
As we continue to tackle major public health issues both nationally and internationally, your financial support is critical. Your assistance, regardless the amount, will increase our capacity to set the agenda for major public health issues and to improve the health and well-being of people throughout the world during the 21st Century. Thank you!
Take the Challenge!
The Department of Nutrition Science (NUTR) is celebrating 110 years and we invite all NUTR alumni to participate in our "Take the Challenge" giving competition. Let’s see which class can bring in the most number of gifts to Nutrition Science between March 1, 2015 and March 1, 2016. The winning class (and decade) will be announced at out 110th Anniversary Celebration Dinner on May 6, 2016.
If you have questions about our "Take the Challenge" competition or would like to make an estate gift, please call (800) 535-7303 or email email@example.com.