HTM Student Services (Marriott Hall, room 128):
- Classes for Spring 2014 are available online.
- Ticket times are available on MyPurdue.
To know if a course needs an override (you have not met the requisites for the course), in Look Up Classes, click on the circle with an R. For requests for overrides outside of HTM, you will need to talk with the Schedule Deputy of the specific department.
COSINE (College of Science Instructional Nightly Enrichment) is a free tutoring program to help students in first-year courses in Biology, Chemistry and Math. COSINE offers evening tutoring right in your own backyard. Our goal is to help you develop problem-solving skills needed to do your homework. Please visit one of our locations for assistance.
COSINE at Harrison Hall, C218 Conference Room: 7 to 10 p.m. Monday and Wednesday
COSINE at Owen Hall, Collaboration Room: 7 to 10 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday
Student Drop in hours: Monday thru Friday, 10:00am to Noon & 1:00pm to 4:00pm
Open registration begins on November 25th and goes until January 20th. The wait list for classes will begin on Monday, November 25th and will end on January 10, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
HTM Spring 2014 Class Times and Locations *subject to change
HTM 41100, Hospitality Law? Do you prefer on-line classes? Do you hate exams? If you answered yes to the previous question them HTM 41100 during the summer semester may be the course for you. It will be taught on-line as a case study based course. If you have any questions please contact Dr. Nelson at 496-2498 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
HTM 322 CRN 13319 taught by Nelson on MWF from 7:30-8:20 in MRRT 265.
HTM 399 Sustainability in Hospitality and Tourism taught by Dr. Day TR 12:00-1:15pm in MRRT 265.
HTM Career Center:
HTM 302 ORIENTATION MEETING is MANDATORY:
IF YOU ARE DOING, OR EVEN THINK YOU MIGHT BE DOING AN HTM 302 INTERNSHIP:
If your HTM 302 Internship is next semester or next summer, or even think you might do your HTM 302 Internship, you are required to attend a mandatory meeting in order for your internship to count for HTM 302 credit. Attendance will be taken and recorded. Meeting is November 21, 2013 – Thursday at 7:00pm MRRT 148. If you have a Purdue class at this time, please see Dr. Adler or Janet Glotzbach.
Calendar View of HTM Student Organization Meetings:
- HTM Society: Thursday, December 5th @ 5:30pm in MRRT 148. Black Tie Dinner Volunteer callout and a presentation from guest speaker Tim Self.
- Spring Semester and Summer 2014 in Spain and China.
- Spring Break and Maymester 2014 in Germany
- Scotland Study Abroad 2014 Maymester callout: Wednesday, December 4th 6pm MRRT 265. Find out more about Scotland SA as well as how to apply. Contact Maggy Leitch at email@example.com .
- Commencement Information
- Cvent Certification- can process anytime; no fee. HTM contact is Dr. La Lopa (firstname.lastname@example.org); Cvent Certification team email for questions is email@example.com
- Nominations for Outstanding Senior: We are calling for nominations for HTM's Outstanding Senior. The student should be a senior (7th semester or more) and have a great record of leadership, scholarship, professionalism and service to others. To nominate a student - yourself or someone you feel deserves to be recognized - submit their name and provide a brief reason to support your nomination here . Any questions about the Outstanding Senior Award? Ask Dr. Day at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current scholarship opportunities information can be found at: http://www.purdue.edu/hhs/htm/undergraduate/scholarships/current.php.
- IFMA Educational Foundation Scholarship
HTM chooses 2 students to receive a $5,000 scholarship
Criteria: Junior/Senior class, firm commitment to a career in foodservice, strong academic record (3.5 GPA), financial need, participation in undergraduate activities or organizations that support career development
• Deadline: November 26, 2013 IFMA Educational Foundation Scholarship Application
- International Gold & Silver Plate Society Stipend
HTM chooses one student to receive a $1,000 stipend.
Criteria: Strong commitment to the foodservice/culinary industry, leadership qualities, and participating in a school sponsored 2013 internship when the stipend is awarded.
• Deadline: November 26, 2013 International Gold & Silver Plate Society Application