HTM Student Services (Marriott Hall, room 128):
- Student Drop in hours: Monday thru Friday, 4:00pm - 5:00pm. If you need to talk to an advisor please go online and make an appointment with your advisor to insure you get to talk to them. Appointments can be made with your Advisor on the registration tab.
- Drop/Add process
- HTM Override (adjusted) Policy
Coming this Fall 2015: HTM 39900E Event and Meeting Planning: Many companies and professional organizations hold meetings and special events for their clients, customers and members, and it takes detail and organization to create a successful, memorable experience. In addition to learning the different career options in event and meeting planning, this course will cover: the role of events in today's world, types of meetings and events, budgets and goals, workflow management, venue selection and negotiation, room layouts and seating formats, food and beverage, entertainment and speakers, design and decor, transportation and logistics, registration and check-in, hybrid meetings, apps and technology, basic lighting and audio visual, and more. Students will also be required to gain hands-on experience working an event to see how the course materials apply to event and meeting management.
HTM Career Center:
Calendar View of HTM Student Organization Meetings:
- Mallorca Spain; Fall 2015, and Spring 2016 Information to follow or contact Dr. Adler firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peru and Ecuador:Maymester Study Abroad for 2016.
- Sponsored Hotel Internship & Study Abroad in China(May 15- Nov 15)- Open for 2016 (12 positions) applications. This program combines 12 HTM credits, professional training in a luxury hotel and cultural experience in the ancient yet fast developing China. The program is financially sponsored by international hotel companies. Their sponsorship pays for the most of the program expenses including international airfare, room and board and other benefits. Selected students are also eligible to apply for additional $3000 scholarship. The total cost including tuition for each student is as low as $6000. The application is now open. See you HTM advisor in MRRT 128 to apply. Additional info is available at http://www.htminternship.us
- Commencement Information
- Cvent Certification- can process anytime; no fee. HTM contact is Dr. La Lopa (email@example.com); Cvent Certification team email for questions is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current scholarship opportunities information can be found at: http://www.purdue.edu/hhs/htm/undergraduate/scholarships/current.php. (Make sure to check the due dates.)
- The College of Health & Human Sciences has a Scholarship Website for continuing students at: http://www.purdue.edu/hhs/student_services/scholarships/index.php